Friday, March 31, 2006

Make ya think?

Here is an interesting article.

I'm not sure how to approach this particular topic, so much of what happened seems suspect and that makes it hard to get a good grounding, I think this is important because there are no answers.

I remember where I was when I saw what happened on 11/9 (sorry not 9/11, I'm an Aussie) I was watching a documentary on Muhammed Ali on ABC (I think it was sometime around midnight) and some script came accross the bottom ot the screen, it said that a plane had it the WTC. I thought "wow, that sucks" I was thinking that some little Piper Cherokee had hit one of the towers (which I climbed when I was 14), so I kept watching the Ali docco when, all of a sudden, the screen changed to an image of the WTC and one was on fire, I thought "Fuck", then about 10 seconds after the image came on another plane hit the other tower, I thought "Holy Fuck!!!".

I will say a this point that I had had a few cabernets and about three joints, so I was pretty numb. It was a very strange feeling being numb and suddenly something that is not a drug makes you even more numb. After I saw that plane hit I couldn't move for about 5 minutes until I remembered that Uncle John lives in New York. I ran upstairs into Mum and Dad's room and turned on their telly (I was living at home at this time, I remember Dad looked a bit pissed when I ran into the room and woke him up) The thing I remember most was the look on Mums face when she realized what was happening (I'm not sure of a word that can describe horror, distress, worry, fear, terror, sadness, understanding and not understanding. I think closest I ever saw her face look like that was when Princess Diana was killed).

What happened that day? I don't know, but there are a fuck-load of questions.

No comments: