Thursday, December 28, 2006

Say, Homer, do you like nachos?

“Jerry Ford is so dumb that he can't fart and chew gum at the same time.”
Lyndon B. Johnson

US President George Bush and his top advisers made a "big mistake" in their justification for invading Iraq, Gerald Ford told journalist Bob Woodward in an interview embargoed until after the former president's death......

......"I don't think, if I had been president, on the basis of the facts as I saw them publicly, I don't think I would have ordered the Iraq war," Ford said......

......Ford "very strongly" disagreed with the justification for the 2003
invasion of Iraq advocated and carried out by key Bush advisers and veterans of his own administration - Vice President Dick Cheney and former Defence Secretary Donald Rumsfeld......

......"Rumsfeld and Cheney and the president made a big mistake in
justifying going into the war in Iraq......"


Hmmmm...? Mebbe Jerry weren't so dumb after all.

No comments: